This weekend I have to upgrade a small network to win10 ( around 10 computers).
After a few tries I realised 4/4 devices I tried failed with the above error.
So, I tried classic suggested solutions:
- sfc /scannow ( with dism commands where it was the case )
- deleted software distribution and cartoon folders
- doing all updates
…none of this helped in my case; but at some point I realised that browser is outdated and decided to install manually Edge and then used MediaCreation Tool to do an in-place upgrade
So far 2/2 computers worked.
Hope will save other hours of debugging, enjoy !
later edit: rest 2/2 were done without step 2, just installed edge and in-place upgrade worked