As stated in the release log ( https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/rn/vsphere-vcenter-server-701-release-notes.html ) when trying to install vCenter 7 from OVA at step2 and configuring network settings you are encountering “Unable to save IP settings” there is no workaround.
After some struggling i have asked for help for one of my skillfull sysadmin friends and he found the following solution:
- Keep the page open at the network configuration (where you had the error)
- go to the console, press F2, login, enable local shell then press alt + F1
- login as root
- type /opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net
- select 6
- select DHCP for IPv4 – no DHCP needed to be enable in the network (better if no dhcp server found)
- now press Next at the Network tab in the browser (where you had the error), wait a few seconds and the SSO page should appear.
Congrats, now you found the workaround VMware supposed to give with the courtesy of the sysadmin from www.chroot.ro!